We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our Responsibility To You
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen on the same day if your appointment is urgent.
- You will be seen by the doctor of your choice whenever possible.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when your GP thinks it necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request as per practice procedure or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready to collect within 48 hours or two working days of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments will be dealt with as swiftly as possible through our practice complaints procedure.
Your Responsibility To Us
- Please treat all staff with the same respect - we are all just doing our job.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name, address or telephone number so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend the surgery.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend - someone else can use it.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency. If you arrive late, you may not be seen and, in this case, will have to arrange another appointment.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any test to reach us.
- Use the tear-off slip to request your repeat prescription. Please attend for review, when asked, before your prescription is due.
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibility to you.
- We would, of course, be pleased to hear your compliments when you feel praise is due.